Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Fabric Pumpkins from Child's T-Shirt



These turned out great.  I looked at several videos on You Tube and they are made very similar.
I bought a child's long sleeve waffle knit T-shirt at Goodwill for $1.99.  Washed it first and then cut the sleeves and body up.  Sleeves were cut about 2 to 3 inches high.  The first one turned out to the the littlest one in pic.   From the body, I cut out about a 6 inch high piece and seamed the sides to make a tube.  Running stitches on top and bottom, stuffed them to make puffs and then made segments by threading through center and pulling tight.  You can get more details on You Tube. 

I wrapped for floral wire with green foral tape and made the vines, got twigs from the yard for the stems and some silk leaves, hot glued them on the top, a leaf on the bottom to hide the stitching and
we had a pumpkin patch. 

Going to make some with cotton fabric and a different color - stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. These are so cute! I'd love for you to share this at my weekly link party. http://www.thelifeofjenniferdawn.com/2014/09/a-little-bird-told-me-link-party-106.html Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete